The Phillies (79-65) showed they can compete with the best on Monday, as they split their double-header with the Braves (94-50). Michael Lorenzen might not have been at his best in the second game, but he did what was required to get the win versus a quality opponent. As of Tuesday morning the Phillies have a 1.5 game advantage for the top NL wild card position and 5.0 game lead over those chasing a playoff spot. Now is not the time to rest on their laurels however, making the final two games in this series versus the Braves of vital importance.
Probable starting pitchers
- Zack Wheeler (11-6) is having an impressive season for the Phillies, which includes a NL-best 1.047 WHIP among all qualifying pitchers. He also has a 3.49 ERA and 2.93 FIP in 28 starts. For the Phillies specifically, Wheeler leads all pitchers with 19 quality starts and a 4.1 WAR. Last time out versus the Padres was arguably his best outing of the 2023 campaign, allowing a season-low one hit in 6.0 innings, to go along with two walks and no runs.
- It's been a challenging season for Max Fried (7-1) with his campaign compromised by a left forearm strain which forced him to miss three months. When he has been avilable though he's still looked good all things considered. In 12 starts, Fried has produced a 2.70 ERA, 2.99 FIP and 1.170 WHIP. Last time out he gave up six hits, two walks and three earned runs, but it's a measure of his talent that this would be considered an off-night for him.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 12
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 3B Alec Bohm
- 4. 1B Bryce Harper
- 5. C J.T. Realmuto
- 6. RF Nick Castellanos
- 7. 2B Edmundo Sosa
- 8. LF Cristian Pache
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Atlanta Braves starting lineup, September 12
- 1. RF Ronald Acuna Jr.
- 2. 2B Ozzie Albies
- 3. 3B Austin Riley
- 4. 1B Matt Olson
- 5. DH Marcell Ozuna
- 6. C Travis d'Arnaud
- 7. LF Eddie Rosario
- 8. SS Orlando Arcia
- 9. CF Michael Harris II
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:40 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Braves broadcast will be on Bally Sports South.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Braves fans can tune into the game on 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan.