Game 1 of Monday's double-header was a tough one for the Phillies (78-65). They did so well to come back from a 8-4 deficit to tie the game in the ninth, but ultimately lost 10-8 in extra innings. While they maintain their hold on the top NL wild card spot, the margin for error continues to shrink. The Phillies know they can play with the Braves (94-49), but need to prove it in Game 2 and get a win.
Probable starting pitchers: Game 2
- If not yet, the Phillies must be getting close to having genuine concern about Michael Lorenzen (8-9). Since throwing his first no-hitter, he's struggled in his four subsequent starts, allowing a combined 32 hits, nine walks and 19 earned runs. Lorenzen has a 3.95 ERA, 4.34 FIP and 1.169 on the season, but with this Phillies specifically has recorded a 4.97 ERA, 5.66 FIP and 1.368 WHIP. His previous outing against the Padres saw him give up eight hits, three walks and seven runs (six earned) in 6.0 innings.
- Ever since Kyle Wright (0-1) was picked fifth overall in the 2017 draft, there has been a lot of hope and expectation. Last season saw him break out with a Major League-high 21 wins, as he produced a 3.19 ERA, 3.58 FIP and 1.159 WHIP. This year has been ruined by a shoulder injury that has limited Wright to five starts. He makes his long-awaited return on Monday night, after being activated from the 60-day Injured List.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 11: Game 2
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. C J.T. Realmuto
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. RF Nick Castellanos
- 7. CF Brandon Marsh
- 8. 3B Edmundo Sosa
- 9. 1B Jake Cave
Atlanta Braves starting lineup, September 11: Game 2
- 1. DH Ronald Acuna Jr.
- 2. CF Michael Harris II
- 3. 3B Austin Riley
- 4. 1B Matt Olson
- 5. C Sean Murphy
- 6. LF Eddie Rosario
- 7. SS Orlando Arcia
- 8. RF Kevin Pillar
- 9. 2B Nicky Lopez
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:40 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Braves broadcast will be on Bally Sports Florida.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Braves fans can tune into the game on 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan.