The series with the Marlins left a bitter taste in the mouth, as the Phillies (78-64) lost Sunday's rubber match. Ranger Suárez had a career-high 10 strikeouts and the Phillies led 3-0 through six innings, but ultimately fell 5-4. They still hold a two-game advantage for the top NL wild card spot, but the margin for error is shrinking. Now comes the ultimate test, with three games versus a Braves (93-49) team with the best record in the Majors.
Probable starting pitchers: Game 1
- Taijuan Walker (15-5) continues to be the epitome of doing whatever he takes to get the job done. Yes his 4.15 ERA, 4.54 FIP and 1.317 WHIP aren't great. However, Walker is just one off the Major League lead for wins by a pitcher, with a career-high 15. Perhaps summing up his 'formula' for success this season, last time out versus the Padres he allowed five hits, three walks and four earned run in 5.0 innings, but still did enough to record the win.
- While not at his best in 2023, Charlie Morton (14-11) has still been effective. He has a 3.32 ERA and 3.80 FIP on the season, to go along with an admittedly average 1.385 WHIP. Morton is two off his career-high of 16 wins, and is tied for the lead among all Braves pitchers, with a 3.7 WAR. He was tagged with the loss in his previous start versus the Dodgers, giving up six hits, three walks and two earned runs in just 4.0 innings.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 11: Game 1
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. CF Brandon Marsh
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. LF Jake Cave
- 9. C Garrett Stubbs
Atlanta Braves starting lineup, September 11: Game 1
- 1. RF Ronald Acuna Jr.
- 2. 2B Ozzie Albies
- 3. 3B Austin Riley
- 4. 1B Matt Olson
- 5. DH Marcell Ozuna
- 6. LF Eddie Rosario
- 7. C Travis d'Arnaud
- 8. SS Orlando Arcia
- 9. CF Michael Harris II
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- Game time - 1:05 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Braves broadcast will be on Bally Sports South.
- The game will be broadcast nationally on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Braves fans can tune into the game on 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan.