The Philadelphia Phillies head into Game 2 of the NLDS against the Atlanta Braves on Monday night with a 1-0 lead in the best-of-five series. The Phillies managed to win Game 1 against Braves' ace Spencer Strider, scoring two runs against him despite his seven-inning, eight-strikeout effort.
The big storyline from the game, however, was manager Rob Thomson's brilliant use of his bullpen to negate the Braves' prolific power bats. Can the visiting Phillies steal another game at Truist Park before heading home to Citizens Bank Park for Game 3?
Probable starting pitchers
- Ace Zack Wheeler will take the ball for the Phillies. In his lone postseason game so far, the 33-year-old pitched a gem against the Marlins, going 6 2/3 while giving up one run and striking out eight. Wheeler faced Atlanta three times this season with mixed results. He had two sparkling starts, including an eight-inning, 12-strikeout shutout effort back in May and a six-inning, one-run win in September. The Braves got to him in the middle start, hitting three home runs and scoring six in five innings against the righty.
- The Braves will counter with Max Fried, who only made 14 starts this season after spending time on the IL. The 29-year-old finished the year with a 2.55 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 77 2/3 innings pitched. He faced the Phillies just less than a month ago, taking a no-decision after throwing five innings of four-hit, one-run ball with six strikeouts. The lefty has been battling a finger blister, so keep an eye on that as the game progresses.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, NLDS Game 2
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 3B Alec Bohm
- 4. 1B Bryce Harper
- 5. C J.T. Realmuto
- 6. RF Nick Castellanos
- 7. 2B Bryson Stott
- 8. LF Cristian Pache
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Atlanta Braves starting lineup, NLDS Game 2
- 1. RF Ronald Acuña Jr.
- 2. 2B Ozzie Albies
- 3. 3B Austin Riley
- 4. 1B Matt Olson
- 5. DH Marcell Ozuna
- 6. C Travis d'Arnaud
- 7. LF Eddie Rosario
- 8. SS Orlando Arcia
- 9. CF Michael Harris II
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time: 6:07 p.m. ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on TBS
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP, WTTM 1680, La Mejor 1600/1460/1130 AM and ESPN Radio
- Braves fans can tune into the game on 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan, La Mejor 1600/1460/1130 AM and ESPN Radio