After a long weekend of anticipation, the Philadelphia Phillies and Arizona Diamondbacks get the National League Championship Series started tonight at Citizens Bank Park. The two Wild Card teams will meet in a matchup that most wouldn't have foreseen when the playoffs began.
The Phillies will be looking to win their second straight National League pennant, while the 84-win Diamondbacks are looking to play upset and get to the World Series for the first time since they won it all in 2001.
Probable starting pitchers
- Zack Wheeler gets the Game 1 start for the Phillies. The ace of the staff, Wheeler holds a 2.59 ERA over eight starts in the last two postseasons. He has pitched into the seventh inning of both of his starts in these playoffs. He logged eight strikeouts while giving up only one run to the Marlins in the Wild Card and struck out 10 Braves while giving up two earned runs in his lone NLDS start. The righty made two starts against Arizona in the regular season, going 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 10 strikeouts.
- Zac Gallen will counter for the Diamondbacks. The Arizona ace pitched to a 17-9 record this season, with a 3.47 ERA and a 9.43 K/9. The right-hander is 2-0 with a 3.18 ERA in his first postseason. He went six innings against the Brewers in the Wild Card, giving up only two runs while striking out four but walked three. He gave up two runs through 5 1/3 against the Dodgers, striking out four again while walking a pair. Gallen made one start against the Phillies this season, going 5 2/3, giving up two runs on five hits and striking out three in a no decision.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, NLCS Game 1
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. LF Brandon Marsh
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Arizona Diamondbacks starting lineup, NLCS Game 1
- 1. RF Corbin Carroll
- 2. 2B Ketel Marte
- 3. DH Tommy Pham
- 4. 1B Christian Walker
- 5. C Gabriel Moreno
- 6. LF Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- 7. CF Alek Thomas
- 8. 3B Evan Longoria
- 9. SS Geraldo Perdomo
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time: 8:07 p.m. ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on TBS
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP, WTTM 1680 and ESPN Radio
- Diamondbacks fans can tune into the game on 98.7 FM Arizona's Sports Station, KQMR Latino Mix 100.3 FM and ESPN Radio