After another devastating loss for the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 4 of the NLCS, they'll try to bounce back tonight and salvage at least one game in the desert. The bats woke up on Friday night, but the bullpen couldn't hold the lead in the late innings as the Arizona Diamondbacks came back for a 6-5 win.
With the NLCS all even at two games apiece, the teams will square off one final time at Chase Field in Arizona on Saturday night. It's a must-win game for the Phillies, who don't want to return to Philadelphia with their backs against the wall down 3-2.
Probable starting pitchers
- Ace Zack Wheeler is lined up to start the crucial Game 5 for the Phillies. In three games this postseason, the righty is 2-0 with a 2.37 ERA, a minuscule 0.63 WHIP and 26 strikeouts in 19 innings of work. In Game 1 of the NLCS, Wheels went six strong innings, giving up only two runs on three hits while striking out eight, leading the Phillies to a 5-3 victory. They'll need him to go deep into this one, as the bullpen has worked overtime the last two games.
- Diamondbacks' ace Zac Gallen will counter for Arizona in a rematch of Game 1. So far, he hasn't had the success he would like in the postseason, posting a 4.96 ERA and 1.53 WHIP through three starts. He has only struck out 12 in 16 1/3 innings. In his first meeting with the Phillies in this NLCS, the right-hander surrendered five runs on eight hits (including three home runs) while only punching out four.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, NLCS Game 5
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. LF Brandon Marsh
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Arizona Diamondbacks starting lineup, NLCS Game 5
- 1. RF Corbin Carroll
- 2. 2B Ketel Marte
- 3. C Gabriel Moreno
- 4. 1B Christian Walker
- 5. DH Pavin Smith
- 6. LF Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- 7. CF Alek Thomas
- 8. 3B Evan Longoria
- 9. SS Geraldo Perdomo
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time: 8:07 p.m. ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on TBS
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP, WTTM 1680 and ESPN Radio
- Diamondbacks fans can tune into the game on 98.7 FM Arizona's Sports Station, KQMR Latino Mix 100.3 FM and ESPN Radio