It was yet another party at Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday night as the Philadelphia Phillies and their fans made Merrill Kelly eat his words about the volume of CBP. After the 10-0 thrashing of the Arizona Diamondbacks in Game 2, the teams will square off in Arizona for, at the very least, Games 3 and 4 of the NLCS.
The Phillies head into Game 3 of the NLCS today with a commanding 2-0 lead in the series, and it promises to be a raucous crowd at Chase Field, as many Phillies fans are making the trek to the desert for cheap tickets.
Probable starting pitchers
- Ranger Suárez gets the nod for Rob Thomson and the Phillies in this one. The 28-year-old hurler has shown up and been fantastic this postseason. He's 1-0 in two starts, both against the Braves in the NLDS and stymied the best offense in baseball to the tune of a 1.04 ERA and 0.58 WHIP. Suárez faced the Diamondbacks twice this season, soon after returning from the IL. The first outing didn't go so well. He gave up five runs on five hits through five innings, striking out five. He bounced back in his second start, going seven shutout innings, giving up only four hits and striking out seven.
- Rookie Brandon Pfaadt will counter for Torey Lovullo and the Diamondbacks. The 25-year-old had a rough introduction to the majors this season. He finished with a 3-9 record, a 5.72 ERA and surrendered 22 home runs in 19 games. Pfaadt has made two starts this postseason with mixed results. He faced the Brewers in the Wild Card but only lasted 2 1/3 innings, giving up three runs on seven hits. He fared better against the Dodgers in the NLDS, going 4 1/3, only giving up two hits and no runs.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, NLCS Game 3
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. LF Brandon Marsh
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Arizona Diamondbacks starting lineup, NLCS Game 3
- 1. 2B Ketel Marte
- 2. CF Corbin Carroll
- 3. C Gabriel Moreno
- 4. 1B Christian Walker
- 5. RF Tommy Pham
- 6. LF Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- 7. DH Evan Longoria
- 8. 3B Emmanuel Rivera
- 9. SS Geraldo Perdomo
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time: 5:07 p.m. ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on TBS
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP, WTTM 1680 and ESPN Radio
- Diamondbacks fans can tune into the game on 98.7 FM Arizona's Sports Station, KQMR Latino Mix 100.3 FM and ESPN Radio