It was another party at Citizens Bank Park last night as the Philadelphia Phillies won Game 1 of the NLCS 5-3 over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Thanks to early home runs from Kyle Schwarber, Bryce Harper and Nick Castellanos and another ace-like start from Zack Wheeler, the Phillies have now won seven straight Game 1s over the last two postseasons.
The Phillies will look to continue their home-field dominance in Game 2 of the NLCS tonight and take a 2-0 lead down to Chase Field in Arizona.
Probable starting pitchers
- Aaron Nola gets the nod for the Phillies tonight and puts his 2-0 postseason record on the line. With a win in both the Wild Card Series and the NLDS, Nola has proven himself to be a reliable option in these playoffs after a rocky regular campaign. Last time out, he went 5 2/3 against the Braves, scattering six hits with two runs while striking out nine. The right-hander faced the Diamondbacks once in the regular season. He picked up a win in a 6 2/3 inning effort while striking out nine, although he did give up four runs on six hits.
- Veteran Merrill Kelly will take the ball for Torey Lovullo and the Diamondbacks. Like many of the Diamondbacks, the 35-year-old is in his first postseason and acquitted himself well in his lone NLDS start against the Dodgers. He went 6 2/3 shutout innings, giving up only three hits and striking out five. The righty had one start against the Phillies this season. He picked up a quality start in that June outing but gave up three runs and walked four over six innings. He struck out seven in that contest.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, NLCS Game 2
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. LF Brandon Marsh
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Arizona Diamondbacks starting lineup, NLCS Game 2
- 1. RF Corbin Carroll
- 2. 2B Ketel Marte
- 3. DH Tommy Pham
- 4. 1B Christian Walker
- 5. C Gabriel Moreno
- 6. LF Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- 7. CF Alek Thomas
- 8. 3B Evan Longoria
- 9. SS Geraldo Perdomo
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time: 8:07 p.m. ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on TBS
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP, WTTM 1680 and ESPN Radio
- Diamondbacks fans can tune into the game on 98.7 FM Arizona's Sports Station, KQMR Latino Mix 100.3 FM and ESPN Radio