Aaron Nola will represent the Phillies in the 2018 MLB All-Star Game Tuesday night at Nationals Park. Here is how you can watch the event.
The best in baseball are gathered in Washington, D.C. to participate in the 2018 MLB All-Star Game. Phillies starting pitcher Aaron Nola is among these best, being named an All-Star for the first time in his career.
Nola said that he should pitch in the fourth or fifth inning of the game. While we got an early dose of the Phils with Rhys Hoskins leading off the home run derby, we will have to wait a little longer to see Nola pitch.
Here is everything you need to know about the game:
Date: July 17, 2018
First Pitch: 7:30 PM ET
Location: Washington, D.C.
Stadium: Nationals Park
Pitchers: Chris Sale (10-4, 2.23 ERA) vs Max Scherzer (12-5, 2.41 ERA)
Radio Station: ESPN Radio, ESPN Deportes
TV Channel: FOX, FOX-INT
Live Stream: FOX Live
Here are both lineups for the game:
- Mookie Betts, RF, Red Sox
- Jose Altuve, 2B, Astros
- Mike Trout, CF, Los Angeles Angels
- J.D. Martinez, DH, Red Sox
- Jose Ramirez, 3B, Cleveland Indians
- Aaron Judge, LF, New York Yankees
- Manny Machado, SS, Baltimore Orioles
- Jose Abreu, 1B, Chicago White Sox
- Salvador Perez, C, Kansas City Royals
More from That Balls Outta Here
- Javier Baez, 2B, Chicago Cubs
- Nolan Arenado, 3B, Colorado Rockies
- Paul Goldschmidt, DH, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Freddie Freeman, 1B, Atlanta Braves
- Matt Kemp, LF, Dodgers
- Bryce Harper, CF, Nationals
- Nick Markakis, RF, Atlanta Braves
- Brandon Crawford, SS, San Francisco Giants
- Willson Contreras, C, Chicago Cubs
Since Nola is the only Phillie on the team, it would be a shame for Nola not to be used and represent the Phils on the mound.
It will also be a great opportunity for him to demonstrate his abilities on the national stage like Hoskins did Monday night.
Even if Nola does not appear, he should be in plenty more after this season.