The Phillies have played more than 20,000 games with hundreds of starting pitchers. Which five starts stand above the rest in their history?
The Philadelphia Phillies have had their fair share of great starting pitchers. From Robin Roberts to the greatest left handed pitcher ever Steve Carlton to the short but dominant tenure of Roy Halladay.
Today however we will be looking at just the five greatest single regular season starts in team history. This excludes the true greatest start, Roy Halladay’s postseason no hitter. This all only post dead ball era (after 1919).
More from Phillies All-Time Lists
- Every first-round draft pick in Philadelphia Phillies history
- Every number retired by the Philadelphia Phillies
- The most legendary Phillies third basemen of all time
- Top single-season performances by righties in Phillies history
- These are the Phillies’ biggest first-round draft busts
Kevin Millwood vs San Francisco Giants (4/27/03)
9 IP 10 K 0 R 0 H 3 BB
Terry Mulholland vs San Francisco Giants (8/15/1990)
9 IP 8 K 0 R 0 H 0 BB
Rick Wise vs Cincinnati Red Sox (6/23/1971)
9 IP 3 K 0 R 0 H 1 BB
Vince Velasquez vs San Diego Padres (4/14/16)
9 IP 16 K 0 R 3 H 1 BB