It’s a fun time to be a Phillies fan. With the team being linked to some big names on the trade market, let’s see if they make sense than make some potential deals.
The Phillies have finally been linked to some major names on the trade market. We’ve seen the Cesar Hernandez rumors, but now that the Phils are being mentioned with some big targets, is it time to things more serious?
More from Phillies News
- How will Rob Thomson manage the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen in 2023?
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe released a list of major trade targets around baseball (credit NJ.coms Joe Giglio for allowing our eyes to see it!). And the Phillies were listed as possible destinations for five very big names.
The players listed (and be prepared) were – Reds 1B Joey Votto, Brewers OF Ryan Braun, Twins 1B Joe Mauer, Tigers SP Justin Verlander, and Pirates OF Andrew McCutchen.
I’m gonna say pretty confidently that the Phils are not in on Votto or Braun. Votto is way too pricey for the Phils at this point in his career, and Braun would command legitimate big league ready talent in return.
That leaves Mauer, Verlander, and McCutchen. All of whom are actual possibilities.