Reports are surfacing the Phillies could have interest in a division rivals power-hitting outfielder, and it makes a world of sense.
More from Phillies Rumors
- Phillies rumors: Club targets Seth Lugo for possible bullpen role
- Could Phillies sign 2nd former Mets starting pitcher in same offseason?
- Phillies rumor: Dansby Swanson could be club’s alternative to Trea Turner
- Rob Thomson apology hints possible Phillies blockbuster signing
- Phillies rumors: Club likely to land top shortstop on free-agent market
The NY Post is reporting the Phillies (who were momentarily linked to New York Mets free agent Yoenis Cespedes), are more likely to try and acquire a player like Mets OF Jay Bruce, if not Bruce himself.
Would we be okay giving the Mets a prospect or two? Does Bruce fit into the teams plans? Can he provide any value to the team?
Well, quite frankly, yes.
Jay Bruce is exactly the type of player the Phils should be looking into acquiring,
Here’s why the Phillies trading for Jay Bruce would be a good move: