The TBOH staff was polled for their predictions on the expected order of finish in each of the six MLB divisions, the outcome of the MLB playoffs, and the winners of some of the major MLB awards for the coming 2015 season.
Below are the results for the 2015 National League winners as the Most Valuable Player, Cy Young Award, and Rookie of the Year. For the MVP in the senior circuit, the 2014 winner, Pittsburgh outfielder Andrew McCutchen, is again the favorite, receiving 4 of 9 votes while the other 5 were scattered among five different players.
More from That Balls Outta Here
- Philadelphia Phillies bullpen could still struggle greatly in 2023 season
- Philadelphia Phillies: Most impactful transactions in 2022
- How will Rob Thomson manage the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen in 2023?
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
In the Cy Young race, Clayton Kershaw was favored, also by 4 of the 9 voters. A pair went for World Series hero Madison Bumgarner. Meanwhile, the remaining 3 votes were scattered to three different members of the Washington Nationals vaunted rotation.
It was in the voting for the NL Rookie of the Year where the TBOH staff saw their greatest consensus, with 6 of the 9 voting staffers selecting Chicago Cubs powerful expectant 3rd baseman Kris Bryant. We say expectant, because he is not even beginning the season on the MLB roster, despite a monster spring training.
[table id=58 /]