The TBOH staff was polled for their predictions on the expected order of finish in each of the six MLB divisions, the outcome of the MLB playoffs, and the winners of some of the major MLB awards for the coming 2015 season.
More from That Balls Outta Here
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- 11 Free-agent deals the Philadelphia Phillies wish fell through
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
The results show that we really believe that this is going to be a wide-open MLB season, especially in the American League, where we selected 6 different pennant winners among our 9 staffers taking part in the postseason polling.
In the National League, while most national pundits and oddsmakers have the Washington Nationals installed as favorites, and we do as well, there was also support for the always tough Saint Louis Cardinals. And two other teams, the Los Angeles Dodgers and Pittsburgh Pirates, also got votes.
Where the overall World Series winner is concerned, six different teams received votes, with the Nats as the faves with 3 votes, and the Cards the secondary choice with a pair, while 4 other teams split the rest of the TBOH staff.
[table id=55 /]