The Padres have a logjam at most outfield positions. One corner outfielder that has produced of late is 23-year-old Franmil Reyes. “The Franimal” stands at 6’5’’ and weighs in at 275 lbs, which is intimidating, to say the least. That size along with a .387 average over his last 15 games makes him someone the Phils’ pitchers should focus on when doing their pre-series scouting.
More from Phillies News
- Philadelphia Phillies: Most impactful transactions in 2022
- How will Rob Thomson manage the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen in 2023?
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
Aaron Nola shouldn’t have a problem dropping curveballs to Reyes to keep him off balanced, but his post-all-star numbers are threatening. In eight games since the break, he has a 1.595 OPS with three home runs, two doubles, and five runs batted in.
Getting ahead early is key, as Reyes is hitting just .130 when behind in the count. The rookie has a 34.6 percent strikeout rate and a 6.3 percent walk rate, making him a true boom or bust player.