More from That Balls Outta Here
- Phillies rumors: Club targets Seth Lugo for possible bullpen role
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
- Former Phillies starter Zach Eflin shares heartwarming goodbye message
- Is Rhys Hoskins the future at first base for the Phillies beyond 2023?
Domonic Brown (2013)
Brown could also be on the list of “most disappointing” considering the expectations. However, he certainly makes this list for his season in 2013. In fact, it was the first half of the season that propelled him that year. Brown made the All-Star team that year, hitting .272 with 27 home runs, 83 RBI and an .818 OPS. Unfortunately for the Phillies and Brown, he hit only 27 home runs in his other five seasons combined and hasn’t appeared in the Major Leagues since 2015. He spent 2016 in the minors with the Blue Jays and then spent last year in Triple-A with the Rockies.
There have been a lot of people with their name on the back of a Phillies jersey. Some stayed there for a long time; others like the ones on this list were only here for a short time.