Honorable mention – Gregg Dobbs (2007 – 2010)
More from Phillies History
- 11 Free-agent deals the Philadelphia Phillies wish fell through
- Philadelphia Phillies achieve franchise feat for first time since 2011
- Phillies History on August 23: Eric Bruntlett records historic triple play
- Remembering Vin Scully: Dodgers voice’s first game was against Phillies
- Phillies in hot water for inviting Pete Rose to 1980 World Series celebration
Although seeing just 104 games in the field a third base over his four seasons with the Phillies, Greg Dobbs was an excellent bat off the bench, particularly in 2007 and for the 2008 World Series champs. Dobbs hit .280 with 10 home runs and 55 RBI in 2007 and .301 with nine home runs, 40 RBI and an .824 OPS in 2008.
Dobbs had 16 plate appearances in the 2008 playoffs, collecting seven hits and two walks.
He didn’t drive in any runs, but he did score two runs. However, he didn’t collect any postseason hits in 2007 or 2009.
Dobbs’s production dropped significantly in 2009 and more so in 2010 and was out of Philadelphia by 2011.