More from That Balls Outta Here
- How will Rob Thomson manage the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen in 2023?
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- 11 Free-agent deals the Philadelphia Phillies wish fell through
Most Valuable Position Player
Howie Kendrick (+7 points)
Kendrick is what we were hoping that Saunders would be but I guess we’ll settle for one solid veteran. Kendrick is hitting .349 on the season with a .403 OBP in the first half of 2017. When healthy, Kendrick has shown that he is fully rebounded from a rough 2016 campaign and continues to build his trade value as we head closer to the deadline.
Aaron Altherr (+6 points)
To me, Altherr has been the most consistently impressive Phillies this season. The 26 year old outfielder is hitting .284 with a team leading 35 XBH including 14 home runs. Altherr will be a fun watch for the rest of the season and could be the first legitimate offensive piece of the rebuilding process.