While the Phillies found themselves a gem in Tommy Joseph, the clubs history should tell us to not feel 100 percent comfortable with him as a lock.
More from Phillies News
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
- Former Phillies starter Zach Eflin shares heartwarming goodbye message
- Is Rhys Hoskins the future at first base for the Phillies beyond 2023?
- Exclusive Phillies Offer: Bet $5, Win $150 if the Eagles Beat the Giants This Week
If it weren’t for Rhys Hoskins or the other numerous offensive prospects who could find themselves without a position upon arrival, Tommy Joseph would not be on this list. But in reality his future really isn’t clear.
Yes, Joseph had a terrific season and deserves every opportunity to keep his job. And no, I do not want the team to trade him. However, I can’t deny it’s a possibility.
If the team really did listen on Joseph, it would take an awful nice return for the club to part ways with the slugger. And the wackiness that is the MLB offseason makes this possibility a reality, to whatever extent.
Right now, Joseph is penciled in my opening day lineup. But I can’t say with 100 percent certainty he’ll even be in a Phils uniform come opening day. Let’s just keep an eye out on Josephs future in Philly as things could get interesting.