Down on the Phillies Pharm: Crawford Continues to Struggle
Jiandido Tromp contributed three extra-base hits for Lakewood in their 6-1 win over West Virginia Monday. The outfielder hit two doubles and had a solo home run, his fifth of the year, in the sixth inning.
More from That Balls Outta Here
- Philadelphia Phillies bullpen could still struggle greatly in 2023 season
- Philadelphia Phillies: Most impactful transactions in 2022
- How will Rob Thomson manage the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen in 2023?
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
Josh Tobias also hit his fifth home run of the year, a solo shot in the fifth inning. A third solo home run came from third baseman Jan Hernandez later in that same inning for the Blue Claws.
Starter Tyler Gilbert earned his second win of the year after pitching six innings and allowing the only run of the game. He gave up six hits, one of which was the solo home run by second baseman Mitchell Tolman in the sixth inning. The 22-year-old Gilbert struck out four in his ninth outing of the year.
Luke Leftwich (4-2) pitches for Lakewood Tuesday.
Single-A Clearwater did not play Monday and will host Tampa Tuesday. First round pick Shane Watson will take the mound for the Threshers after striking out nine batters and allowing five runs through his first five innings in Clearwater.