- My god, the Phillies are tied for ninth place in the Wild Card race or something! It’s best not to check these sort of stats lately, especially with how good everything seems like it’s going. Four straight dramatic wins can do that to a fanbase. But we all know what really matters. And it’s signing Cole Hamels to an extension. And now that it isn’t that anymore, it can be anything we want. Trading Cliff Lee! Signing Chase Headley! Failing to trade Shane Victorino!
- Five days left, and you know something’s going to happen. Will there be blood? There already has been!
- It’s trade deadline time, which means rumor after rumor after rumor will bubble up to the surface, until every single Phillies player not named Ryan Howard will be linked to some kind of trade rumor. Now, it’s Hunter Pence, who it seems the Phillies are “eager” to trade. Which makes total sense, because if they’re also eager to trade Juan Pierre and Shane Victorino, you absolutely want to get rid of your entire offense, as well as a pretty darn good complimentary player who doesn’t play great defense.
- Ryan Howard has gotten off to a rollicking start since he’s come back from the disabled list. No, I’m not being sarcastic, he’s actually been really friggin’ good, and I plan to do a post on this. In the meantime, this should hold you over until then.
- And finally, if you’re in the market for a game-used third-base bag, look no further. See! I’m here to help.
- If you’ve been watching closely Jonathan Papelbon has been stinking up the joint along with his fellow bullpen compatriots. Bill Baer once again offers insightful analysis of Papelbon’s fall from grace with some fancy charts and numbers. I guess he felt guilty for making everyone in the pen look bad?
Tags: Phast Phive