- Well, hello there, Mr. “I will double every god damn time I come to the plate even if it KILLS me,” Victorino.
- I couldn’t even begin to describe the noise that came out of me when Jimmy made that diving stop, or when the 9th inning double play went down. Something between a cough, choke, and the phrase “SICKNASTY!” being shouted, but all at the same time.
- Raul Ibanez runs like an octopus. That’s not an insult, unless you really, really hate octopi, but honestly, he is all limbs when he’s coming around third base.
- I ran a poll a few weeks back where I asked who would turn it around first: Cole, Matt Stairs, Raul, or Lidge. Since then, we’ve seen everyone show evidence of a 180, with one notable, obvious exception, but even he has been yanked, so in a way, that counts too. Point is, progress feels good.
- So does beating the Mets, no matter what people (or I) say. I don’t care if they’re a wounded duck, quacking softly and wandering slowly in a circle, waiting for death. Still feels good to run up and kick ‘um.
- I should probably know by now that saying stuff like that gets me in trouble.
- Stay tuned on Monday for “Diary of a Mets Double Header,” which I will be attending. It probably won’t be crazy or violent, so don’t bother reading it.
Image courtesy of http://myteamrivals.typepad.com